In 2021, businesses are increasingly implementing hybrid working models that blend working from home with in-office attendance.
This hybrid team structure delivers the flexibility required in business environments where some workers are in-office, and others are working from home.
The hybrid model, and the need for flexibility, also extends to much-needed employee engagement activities such as company events, team building programs and leadership development.
A Hybrid Activity occurs when a portion of the team are in the same room, while others are working remotely or are interstate or overseas.
By implementing a flexible delivery model, business have the long-term certainty required to plan and deliver an activity or event, no matter what rules are in place on the day.
And done well, the attendee experience can even be improved, with attendance numbers and engagement levels often higher than historic averages, at a far lower cost per attendee.
However, delivering a high-quality Hybrid Team Building activity requires a few specific considerations.
Appropriate IT Infrastructure:
Running a Hybrid Event or Team Building Program requires specific considerations and planning around IT infrastructure, to ensure seamless integration of in-person and remote engagement.
That may include:
- App-based interactive programs or information delivery
- Interactive augmented and virtual reality solutions
- Production-ready delivery and presentation stages for live streaming
- Consideration around what is the best tool for hosting virtual meetings
- Knowledge of the suitability of remote attendee IT infrastructure
Choose Delivery Partners with Hybrid Experience:
As with anything, experience counts, so when choosing partners to help you manage and delivery your Hybrid Event or Teambuilding Program, ensure they have specific digital delivery experience.
A selection of venues have invested heavily in Hybrid-specific infrastructure and solutions to enhance the experience of both in-person and virtual attendees, while hybrid-specific event management courses are also now available.
Furthermore, some activity partners will have more experience and better virtual tools in place. Be Challenged has been delivering Virtual and Hybrid Team Building programs since 2015 and have numerous proven hybrid-specific programs and delivery platforms available.
Key differences between Hybrid and Face-to-Face Activities:
- Hybrid programs often have both Face-to-Face and Virtual facilitators
- A Video Conference Manager should be available to ensure participants can manage any technical problems
- Tailored pre-communications providing additional context and technical setup is often sent to virtual participants
- Hybrid-specific equipment or tools are often used
- Prizes that can be emailed or delivered after the event are often used to drive engagement and equality for all involved.
The Importance of Hybrid Team Building:
With remote and hybrid work comes a disconnect between employees and teams. Now more than ever, teams will benefit from initiatives driving a shared culture, positive team dynamics, collaboration, and empathy.
Where possible, these initiatives should be done in-person, however where this cannot be achieved, Hybrid Team Building programs enable a blended environment, connecting and engaging team members in multiple offices, states or countries.
Whether you are after a quick icebreaker or energiser, or a more comprehensive Hybrid solution to complement a larger activity, meeting or event, Be Challenged has a range of proven Hybrid-specific team building programs and activities available.